Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day..... Literally!!

This weekend was a very busy and very exhausting Labor Day weekend. I am so pleased with our progress and glad we started the baby room work so soon. I don't know that I would be able to do as much in a month or two.

Starting Thursday night we cleaned out the closets. Gathered 2 huge lawn and leaf bags full of clothes. A big garbage bag full of linens and pillows, and a desk and treadmill. 2 Explorer trips to the Christian Donation Center. We moved all of Dean's clothes to the front "Butterfly" bedroom, which will now be our guest room. Friday night we moved all of the guest room furniture (Dean moved it, I supervised).

Sunday we headed to Home Depot, purchased the new wall paint and wainscoting (bead board) for the room. We tore out the old wallpaper boarder and trim then painted the room (the paint was zero VOC, no odor no toxic fumes).

Monday Mom and Dad came over to assist with the bead board installation. What we thought should be fairly quick and simple turned into an all day project. It looks great, but thanks to all of our crooked walls and un-level baseboards it was a lot more time consuming than planned. There are still 2 more panels that need to go up, then the chair railing, then the caulking and painting. It will all be worth it!!

Mom and I were able to do a little shopping while the boys worked. We got a new bedspread and curtains for the guest room. The brown bedding doesn't quite go with the purple butterfly room. Here are a few before and after pictures of the room. There will be more to come!!


AFTER

AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE

No comments: